Sunday, August 03, 2008

You’ll have to excuse me as I’m trying to type while fighting back the tears in my eyes. In a season where I felt more connected to the dancers compared to past years I think this was by far the toughest elimination of all for me. Six dancers remained and six deserved to be there. I think no matter who was sent home last Thursday night, it would have upset me on some level.

But at some point, if your favourite got voted off, you'd still feel more upset. and mine being Chelsie, I was heartbroken. Could've cried right on the spot.

and Chelsie, as usual took the news with the same grace she has brought to the competition all summer long.

I think Chelsie added a little spice to the show. You tell me, who doesn't like a sexy salsa dancer who can dance hip hop, contemporary and any form of ballroom? Trust me, Chelsie can dance anything. I think I would've loved to see a ballroom dancer in the finals. Just like in the past two years where we had Benji, Heidi, and then Lacey :)

and Mark. Sigh. I would've chose Mark over Twitch, judging by performances. Twitch has brought so much to the competition, no arguement there, but Mark is.... Mark. He is unique, so quirky and so odd. He puts a smile on people's faces whenever he dances. I was in the verge of crying knowing that both my favouritest (if there is such word) dancers right from the beginning were eliminated.

Up till this point, all of them are as good, but its up to America who their favourite is.

I will miss the two of them so, so much.

Based on the overall performances all season I would've liked Courtney and Twitch to go. But who am I to judge?

Your final four:

Katee Shean

Now that Chelsie is gone, I'll be rooting for Katee all the way. Never once all this season she has dissapointed me in her performances. Yes, this year I would love to see a technical dancer win for a change. and God her solos never fail to amaze me. She is SO good in what she does. She moves me. She made me cry. She made me smile. She gave me goosebumps. What more can she do?

Courtney Galiano

I loved her since the auditions :) I think she is okay with partner work but when she does her solo DAMN DAMN DAMN! You cannot not fall in love with her. I think she did pretty bad her first few weeks with Gev. After she got the hang of it, she outshined all her partners, Joshua being an exception. Like Lauren, I think she shined a little too late. Didn't think she would make it this far. Amazing dancer, all in all.

Joshua Allen

Amazing popper. He can dance anything. Very versatile, very creative. I can't remember not liking any of his solos. He deserves the title as much as Katee, and honestly I love him to death, but I don't feel the emotions I feel when I watch Katee dance with Josh. I would be happy if he won, but like I said, I would like to see a technical dancer win. So far, only Nick has been a technical dancer (Sabra being her own style).

Last but not least,

Stephen "Twitch" Boss

Not much to say. He deserves to be where he is now. He improved so much since last year. Started off being an awesome dancer but from week to week I see him losing focus in the competition, and sometimes not doing his best. Kudos to him for being the only untrained dancer left on the show.

All in all, this was an amazing season, wasn't it? I have done my bit and I hope America chooses their winner wisely :)

Chelsie Kay Hightower, always an inspiration ;)

Tuning in; Tonight - Jonas Brothers

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home